Why is our Honey so special?
Well lots of reasons really….
- We think Northland produced Manuka honey is particularly special. Its characteristic dark caramel colour and rich aroma and robust taste set Northland grown manuka honeys apart from other Manuka honeys. It’s why so many of our customers return again and again. We target to achieve at least 98% of our honeys to be sourced from Northland based hives. Northland manuka is the first New Zealand manuka to flower each year, and it benefits from our warm and balmy semi tropical climate.
- Kāre UMF Manuka Honey is a hand produced artisan product.
- By hand labeling and individually checking every jar of Kāre UMF Manuka Honey prior to packaging, we can, hand on heart, promise you a personally appraised product guaranteed to please.
- Attention to detail. This is a truly special and unique product. Kāre honeys are available in gift packaging that enhances these special characteristics.
- Trace-ability. Each batch of Kāre honey is independently laboratory tested. These test results and additional information about the characteristics of each batch of honey are available via batch searches on our website. We encourage you to explore the origins of your honey and to view these test results. And please feel free to get back to us with feedback, ideally quoting your batch number. Our bee keepers love to hear where their honey has ended up in the world, and stories about how their honey has been successfully used!
Discover the Honey that suits your needs
Manuka Honey is the honey that New Zealand is famous for. Bees gather the nectar from the white-pink flowers of our native Manuka tree and from this they make Manuka Honey.